The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV and AIDS (UNAIDS) is the main advocate for accelerated, comprehensive and coordinated global action on the HIV/AIDS pandemic.
- To enforce trans health care within primary health services in South Africa
- To ensure the recognition of trans and intersex health needs within the national department of health.
- – A national HIV response that is inclusive of trans health needs, vulnerability and issues, especially for trans men in particular because of the continued exclusion of this community.
- Simple accessibility to gender marker changes within Identity documents though provisions made available by act 49 of 2003.
- A raised positive profile of trans and intersex issues among cultural, traditional and religious groups though outreach activities and campaigns and media.
- To ensure a human rights sensitive approach to intersex health care